Judge – Let There Be Meat
$30.00 – $60.00
Thank you for showing an interest to Judge. You will have an amazing day tasting and scoring all of the Competitors food.
While in the judging environment, the BBQ Competitors area is out of bounds – to ensure complete blind judging of dishes.
Judges will be provided a gate entry pass after registration is complete.
Full training provided – NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY. Make sure you turn up hungry with an empty stomach, you will be fed well.
SCA Certified Judges (Thursday Competition) get first preference to Judge, at no cost. Email email@example.com for a coupon code:
Full training is provided on the day. Please arrive on time for training at 830am.
- 10.00am – 1015am – Ancillary 1 (Anything Dallas State Fair inspired)
- 10.45 – 11.00am – Ancillary 2 (The best buttery dish using Westgold Butter)
- 12.00 – 12.30pm – Steak
- 2.00pm – 3.30pm – Whole Hog Presentation
- 3.30pm – 3.45pm – Whole Hog Hand in
- 4.30 – 4.45pm –Steak B
- 6pm – Awards (welcome to attend)
NZBA (Friday) Low n Slow BBQ Competition:
- 10am Chicken turn in (Any Cut)
- 11am Pork Ribs turn in (St Louis cut. A bone must be present in every rib)
- 12pm Pork turn in (PORK 2 – Shoulder)
- 1pm Brisket turn in (flat or point sections)
- 4pm Awards
Venue – The A&P Showgrounds
Address –Canterbury Agricultural Park, Curletts Rd.
Date – Thursday 16th November & Friday 17th November 2023.
Registrations are open until 5pm Friday 27th October.